Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Hotel Kaka'ako

My gubernatorial-candidate rival and new friend, Jeff Davis, has taken on a task so compelling that I'm almost tempted to concede and endorse him. Single-handedly he has taken on, with unquenchable passion, the rescue of the tented children encamped, with their parents, on the sidewalks of Kaka'ako.

 How? ...he has pitched his own tent there--on the concrete walkway--and rents it out to celebrities like myself, or Tom Berg--ex Honolulu City Council rebel and future House Rep maybe; or  District 6 maverick candidate and 70's rock-star namesake Steve Miller. The list goes on. 

"Did you know that there are 50 kids homeless down at Kaka'ako?" Davis asked me in our first phone chat. "No,  I didn't know that." I confessed.  That's when he invited me for a one-night complementary sleepover at the Hotel Kaka'ako


Street urchins poising in front of The Hotel Kaka'ako, brandishing their Morse4Gov U.S. Constitutions
Guaranteed to be one of the top-ten experiences of your lifetime, or your money back, a stay at the Hotel Kaka'ako is on par with a stay at the Hotel California in that--"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."  Or, more accurately, 'The experience will never leave you.'

Davis, our next governor (if I don't beat his Libertarian ass at the polls) is going to solve this crises--elected or not--to which the rest of us slimy politicians have given voluminous lip service for decades...and have failed.  I'm on board with my opponent on this one...217%...maybe more.

For more details, see this video: Celebrity Sleepover, starring Jeff Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment